Bookmark and Share

idcard_3499_5.jpg
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Forum is locked
Modding at last Forum is locked
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1234567
TOPIC: Modding at last
Re:Modding at last 3 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Here is an example:

Hello

My name is ******, and i found your game wonderful and exciting.
But there is still few content inside it. That's why i joined the Bonetown community and tried to make mods by myself.
I've found much but i still have no idea how to edit game models. None of my editors can open them. That's why i'm asking the developers of D-dub to help our community. There is two questions to ask:

1. How to open (and edit) .dwc and .dtm model files
2. Is there a legal editor to edit the maps(not notepad)

I will appreciate your email or answer in the topic:

BoneTown Forum -> Expanding BoneTown -> Modding at last
Setgety
Spliff
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The topic has been locked.

The official answer to my letter:

Sergey,
I am sorry to inform you that both the .dwc and .dtm files are 3dsmax files exported using our homemade exporter. Our maps were also brought into the game out of Radiant using our own exporter. As a result, these files are not able to be edited unless you have the raw art files and the exporter.

Thanks,
Hod
D-Dub Software

Looks like the only way to make a simplest mod - is the massive letter attack to techsupport. (((((
Setgety
Spliff
graphgraph

Re:Modding at last 3 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 2
Hey Setgety,

Thank you for your efforts. My guess would be that a letter writing campaign would backfire. If it is not part of their business plan to include mod tools or information in their original release or when 1.11 came out then they are not going to do it now.

They might import a new model for us and release just the file that we could then script in.

Other wise I suggest we pursue mod avenues other then the models.

Alternatively someone here suggested that they could manually read the byte-code. That trick is beyond my powers but I'll be there if you can do it.
Lupine
Spliff
graphgraph

I know. Now i'm experimenting with editing .mis files by notepad - i want to insert bonus girls(candy,suck slut, etc) to the "hidden girls" areas around bonetown. If someone will do simular faster than me - i will appreciate the answer.
Setgety
Spliff
graphgraph

Re:Modding at last 3 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 9
Frankly, I would have been surprised if the 3D models had been made available. There is not much benefit to be expected from the community, because making good-looking low-poly human 3D models is HARD - it is a rare skill. And the models represent a significant investment, they don't want them to wind up in a game from some shady competitor.

That being said, the engine might be able to use also other formats than the homegrown ones. If so, that could be used for things like new weapons or accessories like the angel's wings. Would perhaps be worthwhile to test if the engine is still able to import whatever the Torque default 3D format is.

Also, even though you can't make new 3D models, you can still re-texture the existing ones. Considering that there is quite an assortment of hairstyle, accessory and clothing models already available, I would say that the bigger limitation is that currently we don't know how to put them to use in different combinations. But that is a solvable problem.

BR,
--Juddre
juddre
Chillum
graphgraph

Re:Modding at last 3 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 8
Unfortunately, the response you got from Tech Support was right on, and although we appreciate your interest we won't be able to change that. We can't support modding the game because it would violate our license with our game engine.
We hope you continue to enjoy the game as it is, and we're always interested in what you all want to see happen in any future development.
Candy
Admin
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1234567