Bookmark and Share

idcard_3499_5.jpg
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Forum is locked
TROUBLE EDITING SAVEGAME! PLEASE HELP! Forum is locked
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: TROUBLE EDITING SAVEGAME! PLEASE HELP!
TROUBLE EDITING SAVEGAME! PLEASE HELP! 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
Ok. I'm having trouble editing my saved game to add drugs, sex buff, and fight buff. Once I edit the file and save it, I will go and open Bonetown and try to load the game, but it always tells me there are NO SAVED GAMES!! I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. It has always worked before. Maybe something with the new patch I downloaded? or maybe I'm looking for the saved game file in the wrong place? Anyway please help!

p.s. I noticed the "ANGEL" is on the website now! Does she exist? Where is she?
snarfman
Spliff
graphgraph
User Offline
The topic has been locked.

Re:TROUBLE EDITING SAVEGAME! PLEASE HELP! 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 3
i havn't had any problems mucking about with the save file since adding episode 1 so i doubt it that.

what changes did you make?, maybe you need to change them back and retry!.

other than that i don't know what would cause the problems you're having.

There is an angel that gets added by episode one, she's in downtown on top of the clouds that are now just off the church behind the movie theatre.

Cheers
Donza
Chillum
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user

Re:TROUBLE EDITING SAVEGAME! PLEASE HELP! 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
snarfman wrote:
Ok. I'm having trouble editing my saved game to add drugs, sex buff, and fight buff. Once I edit the file and save it, I will go and open Bonetown and try to load the game, but it always tells me there are NO SAVED GAMES!! I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. It has always worked before. Maybe something with the new patch I downloaded? or maybe I'm looking for the saved game file in the wrong place? Anyway please help!

Don't edit save files with Notepad. Use Wordpad.
tomas
Sherlock
graphgraph

Re:TROUBLE EDITING SAVEGAME! PLEASE HELP! 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
When I open with Wordpad it shows up all coded. How do I get it in English?
snarfman
Spliff
graphgraph
User Offline

Re:TROUBLE EDITING SAVEGAME! PLEASE HELP! 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
All i changed was my drug inventory, my sex buff and fight buff
snarfman
Spliff
graphgraph
User Offline

Re:TROUBLE EDITING SAVEGAME! PLEASE HELP! 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
snarfman wrote:
When I open with Wordpad it shows up all coded. How do I get it in English?

It is not coded. It is binary. In bonetown 1.1 (maybe even in some newer 1.0.x versions) save files can be in binary format. You might trigger conversion to more readable format, if you save custom settings in console.

Russian walkthrough in bonetown wiki says that you can do that with "setSaveInfo(1,1);" command. You can replace numbers with any other value.

What's the point of beefing your character? You can finish all missions without having balls bigger than the moon. When you start game, get Arnie's identity and sword from DownTown or beat Downtown rockers until you find one with 6/9 stats. You can find Jews with 2/2 stats in Missionary beach for the start and then get better weapon on the way to DownTown. You can find Mexican showels lying around in Nobbing hill and Downtown. Start Missionary beach mission with 6/9 or 7/9 stats. When you reach Nobbing Hill missions, don't follow the walkthrough. Beat bosses in Nobbing Hill and Mushroom Marsh first and get Satan's identity. After Nobbing Hill missions, you will have enough stamina to get +10 weapon from Robo chick or Satan's wife.

If you don't want to collect money and stuff, you can cheat with goodTimes and vegasBaby commands.
tomas
Sherlock
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/02/08 10:40 By tomas.

Go to topPage: 12